08 November 2022

Fresno CA - A quick stop in the big rain storm.....

 


















Got out of the mountains and stayed the night in Bakersfield CA.  Part of the central valley - agricultural hub of CA.  

Was warned of rain and snow over the last couple days as I was driving around.  And it came through as promised - inches of rain in the central valley and feet of snow in the high mountains.  I got to the right spot.  Took a few minutes between the storms to wander a bit of downtown Fresno.  

Lots of water on the road - wow, no fear driving here.  And ran in to several collisions due to the pace on the rain.  Fortunately, was slow enough that I missed a tornado that hit next to the road I was on but norht of me.  Driving in this area can feel a bit like midwest America - farm after farm after farm.  Different things being grown the flat and ongoing in all directions.

Had some plans to maybe head back in to the mountains but the snow put me in regroup mode.  So today it was Bakersfield north through Fresno and landing in Sacramento for the evening.  

No comments: