26 February 2015

Tokyo Japan - what a surprisingly wonder day in the rain and cold










The couple in the elevator on the way back to my room captured it best when I said how was your day and she said YUK - rain, cold, windy and then all the walking. 
I did all the same things as well as several rides on the metro - but had so many great moments throughout the day and a special finish at dinner. 
I am staying in the heart of Ginza this trip which is a forest of tall elegant buildings - with lots of old and wonderful Japan nestled in here and there.  
I was hosted to what may be the most wonderful dinner experience I have every had - almost magical.  We went to a traditional Japanese meal that featured tofu and other healthy choices and I am not sure which course was more beautiful and/or delicious.  It was at the foot of the Tokyo Tower.  The location and garden were amazing even in the rain - and we had our own lovely room, sitting on the floor and enjoying course after course after course.  And some lovely bamboo filtered sake as well.  

No comments: