27 April 2008

Bangkok - So many suprises and too little time to find them























I have heard so often "you have to go to Thailand and Bangkok" - wow, they were all right. What a place. It starts off wonderful and only becomes more amazing the more you start to take it in. The first thing I noticed was all the wonderful aromas - the greenery, flowers and all of the food stalls on all the streets. I wanted to whatever they were cooking it all looked and smelled delicious.

There is so much history nestled into a very vibrant and modern large city - 10 million plus. It was great to wander but at 95 and 100% moisture in the air I didn't last too long without being a sweaty mess. There is a sky train, metro, river boats and taxis to get you where you want to go - and very, very cheap.

Upgraded my ride to see the sites to a 3 wheel motorized cart. Apparently these were very prevalent 10 years ago and are slowly going way to other options. It worked perfectly and I could get lots of breeze as we zoomed around the city.


The streets are full or vehicles but more more orderly than my day on the bike taxi in Hanoi.

And the nicest most agreeable people in the world I think. They always smile - good or bad! Something for all of us to think and learn from.


I have to come back here - just got a taste and want to enjoy a whole lot more of what Bangkok and Thailand has to offer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally agree with you! I love Bangkok